Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thankful for Facebook!

I truly never thought I would say this and I know it may seem odd, but I am SO thankful for Facebook! I just absolutely love it! Strangely enough, it seems to be my guidance and personal counselor at times. Why? Because of my dear friends and the encouragement I receive from posting a simple sentence as my status.

Once Facebook became another family member, it didn't take long before I was massively addicted! I struggled with utilizing self-control as I wanted to be with my new BFF for hours and hours. I could learn so much in such a little time with my new friend. I could post pictures and share with the world my precious family and all of our adventures. I could write what's on my heart and with a simple click, hundreds of people could read what I penned. I now had the ability to send a quick note to multiple friends that I otherwise would never have communicated with. It's so easy and user friendly and non-intrusive. I have reconnected with people I haven't heard from or seen in 20 years. Within 10 minutes, I can write on 10-15 friends wall to let them know I am thinking about them. That would have been over an hour phone call if I didn't have Facebook!

Of course, the newness has worn off and now Facebook and I have a healthy, relaxed relationship which I have come to adore :)

I just want to say a BIG 'thank you' to my friends who take the time to make a comment about my status. Most of the time, I post things that are just plain fun or alerts about sale items. But there are times when I am frustrated with something and will type a statement that lets you know I'm struggling. My last status about teaching my son math is one example. Thank you, Deanna Shrodes - your words were just what I needed to hear that day. I now have a new perspective this morning and fresh, life-giving words ready to share with my son.

Not only is it beneficial to know that others feel my pain and are praying, but just as important are the words of encouragement that permanently lie on my wall for my viewing and anyone who visits me. Those that have taken the time to write from your heart usually touch mine in a way that convicts me (in a good way!) or brings a tear to my eye. To those I say - "thank you"!

I love you all, my friends, and dear Facebook...thank you for making your way into my home. You have been a blessing as well :)

1 comment: