Thursday, November 11, 2010

Jesus is Calling...

I just have to share my devotion from the other day. It was too powerful to keep to myself! It is from a special book called Jesus Calling that a friend gave to me. I read three different devotions each morning in addition to the Bible, but I especially love this book because of its uniqueness. It is written in first person which means it is as though Jesus were sitting on your footstool, face to face, speaking life into you.

The words are from missionary Sarah Young's personal prayer journal. After many years, she decided to record what the Lord had laid on her heart in hopes of forever changing those who read it. I truly do cherish it each day I pick it up.

"Do not let any set of circumstances intimidate you. The more challenging your day, the more of My Power I place at your disposal. You seem to think that I empower you equally each day, but this is not so. Your tendency upon awakening is to assess the difficulties ahead of you, measuring them against your average strength. This is an exercise in unreality.


I know what each of your days will contain, and I empower you accordingly. The degree to which I strengthen you on a given day is based mainly on two variables: the difficulty of your circumstances and your willingness to depend on Me for help. Try to view challenging days as opportunities to receive more of My Power than usual. Look to Me for all that you need and watch to see what I will do. As your day, so shall your strength be."

May the Lord bless you today and may your strength and peace come from Him.

3 comments: