Friday, November 5, 2010

Hats Off to My Man!

I've written several blogs lately about my family and how thankful I am for them, but none have been specifically tailored to my soul mate...the man who changed everything. My hubby met me when I was 18 and full of life, energy and ideas. I flat-out told him that I had no intentions of ever marrying or having children. Oh, such foolish words!

So, here you are honey...this ones for you :) I love you because....

* No matter what, you always pray with me every morning before we separate

* You are supportive in everything I do including all my crazy ideas and new rules!

* You have proven over and over that you are my biblical covering and protector

* Even though I may not like it at the time, you give me a reality check when it comes to parenting and steer me down a different and better path!

* You not only have provided wholesome, organic venison for our table, but have taught both your sons as well

* You are the daddy that your little girl adores!

* Your special Sunday morning breakfast dates with the kids are priceless

* You are intelligent, logical and full of common sense as well as compassionate, understanding and intuitive to my feelings

* After 20 years of marriage, you still want the best for me and enjoy our alone time!

* You have financially provided for our family WELL above my expectations

* You are goal-driven which means you are always thinking about our future

* Modern day Good Samaritan - that's who you are. I've lost track of how many people you've helped that were stranded on the side of the road

* You still enjoy kissing me :)

* You're not too proud to admit your faults or willingness to change when the need arises

* Even though you've only been to the dentist 4 times in 14 years, you have perfect, white teeth!!

* Those 11:00 at night Walmart runs you do for me...unbelievable!

* The volunteer time at our church and your commitment level - surpasses anyone I know

* You fix nearly everything with our cars and the house...hardware, plumbing, woodwork and electrical - what a boat-load of money you have saved us!

* You can cook a mean egg sandwich!

* Most important of all...you have never left the toilet seat up so that I would fall into the bowl!!!Thank you babe, for who you are and for allowing the Lord to transform you into an incredible man of God. I love you more than you could ever imagine.

I look forward to another 20 years with the only one who could have ever put up with me for this long! There's no one like you, my love!

3 comments:

  1. Only about 1 in 100 women could say that about their husbands. You are extremely lucky, and Allen is extremely rare. I couldn't be happier for both of you and your family...just the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow babe, I don't know about all that. Thanks! Your so beautiful and I love you too.
    TB

    ReplyDelete