Monday, November 15, 2010

Basil-Roasted Red Pepper Spread


1/4 cup drained roasted red peppers
5 pitted black olives, chopped
1 tub (12 0z) cream cheese
1/4 cup lightly packed fresh basil
1 clove garlic
Handful of sliced almonds
Crackers

Chop peppers and olives and set aside. Blend cream cheese, basil and garlic. Clean cream cheese tub and line with plastic wrap. Spoon 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture into tub; top with olive mixture and then remaining cream cheese. Press firmly into tub. Refrigerate one hour. Unmold onto plate and discard plastic wrap. Top with nuts and peppers. Serve with crackers.

(Now my notes on how I will change it for the next time...I could not find the 12 oz cream cheese tub so I just used 1-1/2 blocks and found a wide cup to press it into. I really don't care for the marks that the plastic wrap left. Next time, I will find the tub or something smaller and wider and just pack it in there. I'm thinking it may just 'pop' out or with the help of a knife around the edges, it will easily fall out. I will also use more peppers and 2 garlic cloves. It was very tasty and was consummed within 15 minutes but I think it needed more flavor. This was very easy to make and definitely received an A for presentation!)

No comments:

Post a Comment