Friday, July 30, 2010

A Tribute to My Friend

BFF!

I hear this daily...everyone says it about every friend they have! It's an over-used acronym that is now printed on t-shirts, hats, bookmarks and even key chains! However, if you truly have one of these "best friends forever" then you know how precious that person can be to you.

I happen to have one.

It's quite rare to meet this special person. The perennial in your life. Someone who will change you forever, always stand by your side, give you un-biased advice and equally share personal, never-to-be-repeated stories. Next to your marriage partner, they become your soul-mate...blood sisters, so to speak. You finish each others sentences. Talk at the same time saying the same time and then giggle like high school kids. You order the same pizza - with all the unusual ingredients that no one else will eat! You go through the same things with your kids even when you live hours apart and didn't even talk about the situations! You order the same books and never know it until you try to recommend it to each other. You both start a blog but didn't know the other one did and then one day blog about the same topic without conversing about it first!

No matter how long it has been since you have seen or talked with each other, you always pick up as though you just spoke for two hours the day before. You cry together - over silly things and serious things. You laugh till you can't even be understood on the other end of the phone.

The best part of all...her family comes to live with you for 5 weeks making it 10 people in your household and yet you get mad when they leave because they have a home to return to! It was nearly the best 5 weeks of your life - even with 20 shoes in the laundry room at any given time!!

In case you haven't gathered it by now, I am personally talking about a very special person in my life. I have even more respect and admiration for her now. She is on the journey of her life - one that will not only change her physical appearance, but her outlook on life, her activities with her family and overall improved health to enjoy her precious family.

My BFF? Denice Erway.

We met the first Sunday I attended church 13 years ago and were instantly bonded at the heart and hip. My friend is on a weight-loss journey with more determination than I have seen in anyone. She has decided to daily blog about her experiences - the successes and the disappointments. I implore you to follow her at www.deniceerway.com to share in her triumphs and possibly pass along a word of encouragement as she blogs about this long and sometimes slow process.

She has a heart of gold - loves the Lord and her family with extreme passion and is the best support group (all by herself) that I have ever found!

I hope you enjoy reading my bff's blog and can get a small taste as to why I am so blessed that the Lord sent her my way 13 years ago.

You are the bomb, Denice, and I love you dearly!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! How can I ever live up to all that? Not fair, you make me cry and the run off to see the world! I love you too and I am the one blessed to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you have Denise, you are right, you're truly blessed if you have a "real" best friend, sure does make life happier.
    I love you honey, your blog is great.

    ReplyDelete