Saturday, July 24, 2010

Southern Feather Rolls - Bread Machine

Doesn't the title just grab you??

These rolls will make you wanna slap your momma!! (Thank you, Tim Hawkins for making me laugh every time I hear you say this!)

I have adjusted the recipe to make it healthier - but I will warn you...your family will beg you -- no, FORCE you, to make these weekly!

1 egg
2 T water
1/4 cup milk
2 T butter
2 T honey
1 tsp salt
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup unbleached white flour
1-1/2 tsp yeast

Just dump into your bread machine pan and set for dough stage. When the dough is ready, gently knead it to press the air out. Slightly flour your hands and make 12-18 balls (depends on how big you want them).

You can put these in a muffin pan or just a 9 x 12 pan. Cover and place in a warm area to rise for 40-50 minutes. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.

I just made these last week and used all water since I had no milk - couldn't taste a difference at all.

Now - stand back and watch the fighting over the biggest roll begin! May the quickest person gloat and smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment