Thursday, July 8, 2010

I Want a Re-do!!

Fasten your seat belts because I'm about ready to back up the dump truck and verbally unload!!

This was NOT the summer I had anticipated - not that I had any huge set-in-stone plans, but being sick half of the summer was truly NOT on the agenda! I was able to squeeze in three good weeks of summer enjoyment and then my body must have decided it was time to catch up for not being terribly sick for so many years. Unfortunately, it did it all within a one month span!

My first battle started with being unable to swallow without the food getting lodged right in the middle of my chest. This had actually been going on for about a year or so but very sporadically. I just assumed that I did not chew my food into small enough bites and was causing the issues myself. When it came to the point that I was unable to eat anything without having to force it back up, it was time for a doctor's appointment. I discovered I had esophageal stricture along with an esophagus ulcer. With a little bit of stretching on my esophagus and some meds for a month and I was able to gain those 8 pounds back in no time!

Onto the next trauma...if you read my Mother's Day post, you already know that my battle with the Big Blue Trash Can ended in a loosing streak for me! Since I had never had stitches, there was no better time than the present! If you haven't read that post, you need to - it will have you rolling with laughter (at my expense!)

Here is where I got my three weeks of summer fun in - parks, friends, swimming, shopping, late-night game playing, etc. I am VERY thankful for those beginning weeks. I think the rest and calm environment prepared my body for what was around the corner...

What I thought was a pulled back muscle from starting a new exercise class at the gym, turned out to be a lot more momentous. Five days later I am sitting at the ER with my children in tow. Don't you love it how the insurance companies dictate that an ER visit must be at least three hours in length??? My children were thrilled beyond belief to be in the waiting room for FOUR hours, having no idea what was wrong with me! The prognosis? A UTI, bladder infection and kidney infection.

Joy.

Four prescriptions and three days later, I'm back at the ER since I had very little signs of improvement along with a horrible head-to-toe rash. Now the doctor says my infections have cleared up but I have two kidneys full of stones along with two 7mm babies stuck in the ureter :( No wonder I was still in an immense amount of pain!

Two days later I'm had the famous lithotripsy procedure done to blast those suckers into smithereens. What about those two 7mm stones that were stuck, you ask? Had to pull those jagged things out...so unnatural!

The end? Not yet...I get to go back next week and have the left kidney lasered! They are NOT kidding when they say it is as painful (or more) than having a baby!

Okay...I feel much better! Just had to rant to 100 or so readers!

Since I really don't want to end on a 'down' note, let me say that even though I'd like to start this summer over, I do have a lot to be thankful for:

* I am alive!
* My children are healthy and were a tremendous blessing during all my events
* I am so thankful God gave me my husband - he is amazing!
* I am surrounded by a plethora of friends that came to my aid immediately
* My hubby has a great paying job with wonderful insurance!
* My prayer partners were at it hard and strong - and it was felt!
* Even though I was ill for lengthy periods of time, my children were still able to have fun and be with friends.
* My God NEVER left me and His Word remains the same

Bottom line - I am still a very blessed woman and since I have a personal relationship with the Lord, I believe that everything - yes, everything, happens for a reason. As a friend told me a few weeks ago, maybe God was doing a physical purging in my body preparing me for a spiritual purging. So, what are you up to now, God?

Anticipation awaits around the corner. Until then, I have my devotion in hand along with my 80 ounces of water, fiber-filled muffins and probiotics!

Thank you my friends, for all your prayers and helping with my kiddos. Thank you, Lord, for whatever you are doing in my life...I truly do welcome it!

Can't wait to see what the rest of July holds!

2 comments:

  1. Honey, I'm so sorry that you had to go through all of that, but so happy that you are now on the other side and back to feeling so much better.
    I'm so thankful that our Lord continues to give us "opportunities" to know all over again that He will never leave us, never fail us.
    I love you sweetheart,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry you had to go through this. I don't know what it is about summers lately, we have both had more than our share of troubles! I think your rant was rather mild considering...and you even left out the car trouble etc.

    ReplyDelete