Sunday, August 8, 2010

California Fun!

Several people have been asking about our vacation out west, so I thought I'd post a few pictures about our fast and furious 6-day vacation to California. It was absolutely amazing...but we were wiped out!

It helped tremendously that my hubby is a native of the LA area. I could never drive out there - those people are completely crazy behind the wheel!

Here are some pictures and a quick outline of our Cali trip. We stayed in Buena Park which was very convenient to hit Knotts Berry Farm the very next day - only one mile awayThe Queen Mary in Long Beach was incredible - the size, the beauty and the history. Spent 6 hours touring the boat and having lunch at one of the 'fine' dining rooms!The Santa Monica Pier was beautiful and we certainly enjoyed the 70 degree weather!The day trip to Catalina Island was spectacularthe boat ride,the shops, the food, our bus tour and the sub ride were memory-making events for the entire family!We ended our vacation by spending a day in Hollywood and then visiting daddy's stomping grounds - which was quite delightful in itself!

Wouldn't EVER want to live there but it sure was fun visiting - something the kids will never forget. Thanks for letting me share our memories :)

2 comments:

  1. I was there in Long Beach when they brought the Queen Mary there. I used to work out in the Gym near there. I used to live on Western Ave and I-5 in Buena Park near Knotts Berry Farm back in the early seventies.
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great trip you all had, I'm so glad. Great pics, all of you so cute.
    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete