Thursday, July 8, 2010

Coupon Sabbatical Is Over!

I can't believe I actually did it!

I survived a self-inflicted three month coupon-crazin' sabbatical! It was well worth it as the break was much needed, but I am so happy to announce for all to hear that my 90-day, 12-step program is over!

Why did I decide to go on a coupon sabbatical after massively claiming this as my job and hobby for so many years? For several reasons...but mainly because my stockpile was taking over every square inch of cupboard and closet space I had and it truly was taking up time that I wanted free for the summer.

So, I quit gathering multiple coupons from all my neighbors and then spending hours sorting, stapling, cutting and filing them. My coupon friends who received the extras that I passed along weren't too happy with my decision, but somehow they survived as well! I was still cutting coupons but only from my one paper and only for my family.

I will have to admit that fear is now starting to grip my heart.

I actually went to bed last night with the most horrendous nightmares.

Would you believe that I dreamt that all coupons - and I mean ALL - were completely non-existent -- EXTINCT!!

Even though I may have just expressed a light amount of hyperbole, I am quite concerned about my stockpile - I only have 10 bottles of body wash and 12 bottles of hair spray/gel in my cabinet! AAGGGGHHHH!!!

Time to get back on the wagon and grab every freebie I can!

If you're wondering how I organize, cut and staple the coupons, here's a YouTube video explaining it:



Hope that helps solidify my coupon compulsiveness and maybe help you understand why I am the way I am - haha!

Just in case you're wondering - coupon cutting is definitely worth your time. The amount of money I save my family each year is incredible - thousands would be an understatement. The plethora of free items I grab is amazing. Best of all...I love to bless my friends weekly by passing along my free treasures to them!

Watch out Homeland...I'M B A C K!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment