Sunday, April 11, 2010

Racing to the Mailbox!

If you are not absolutely elated when you hear that mail truck stop at your domain, then Mr. Postman is not bringing you the right kind of mail! What excitement there is in the Flint home to be the one to open the lid to the mailbox! There isn't a week that goes by that I do not receive a free sample or a packet of coupons in the mail - all for nothing!

This is another exciting sidebar of couponing...gettin' the free stuff, ma'am!

Here is a picture of some free stuff that I received in my mailbox within a two week period! We're not talking just shampoo and lotion, my friend! I have received hearing aid batteries, a tape measure, baseball hat, t-shirt, insulated cooler, nice, full-size first-aid kit, guitar pics, free magazine subscriptions, deck of cards, leather Day Timer, etc. How do you get all these items for free? Glad you asked! Several different ways.

Six months ago, my strategy was to visit Consumer Queen and Hot Coupon World. They have a website that has a dedicated 'Freebie' section. Just click on what sounds interesting and fill out the form. It usually takes me about 1-2 minutes to fill out the form, which is well worth my time. Just a word of caution - when requesting freebies, I always use a secondary email account (my free Juno account) so that my 'real' email box does not get inundated with spam.

However, my strategy has evolved and now I just subscribe to some daily digest or email feeds which send you an email every day listing all the free items up for grabs. Here are some that I subscribe to:

www.nicolesnickles.com

www.thefreebieblogger.com

www.freesamplefreak.com

There are some cross-overs, but I still like to receive all of them in case one email misses a GREAT freebie!

Here are two websites that I have become very fond of. Once you sign up, there's nothing more to do. Periodically, you will receive free items in your mail box and maybe 2-3 times a month, you will receive an email. Just last week I received a sample of Kashi cereal from Vocalpoint. It was a double jubilee when inside the package was four $1.50 off coupons PLUS a coupon for a FREE box of cereal. So, for about three minutes of my time eight months ago to sign up on their site, I just received $10 in coupons and a snack...and that was just one mailing!

I do use my regular email address for these websites, since I want to read what they send me. I have never had a problem with spam or unwanted ads coming from them:

http://www.vocalpoint.com/index.html

http://pssst.generalmills.com/

One last thing...I highly suggest buying products that have a full refund or a "try me for free" sticker attached to it. I have been receiving refund checks for 3 years now and have never been swindled! I keep track of the rebate form and when it was mailed and have never been disappointed when the checks start rolling in. Just another way to receive a free item - all for the cost of a stamp!

If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email or post a comment here. I'd love to help further, if I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment