Friday, April 9, 2010

Heavenly Breakfast Bread

I just must share a new recipe that my kids absolutely LOVED! The aroma that filled our home at 7 am this morning was pure delight! Of course, I have tweaked it a bit to suit our taste buds and to make it more healthy :) The name has been changed since the kids and I have decided that when we find a recipe that gets an A+ on the grading scale, we must rename it to display our creativity!

Heavenly Breakfast Bread
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup unbleached white flour
1/2 cup honey
1/2 teas baking powder
1/2 teas baking soda
1/4 teas salt
2 teas cinnamon
3/4 teas nutmeg
2 eggs
3/4 cup applesauce
1 tablespoon water
1/4 cup melted butter

Mix all together and bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes.

Doesn't get much easier than this, folks! Next time I make this I will substitute Brown Cow Yogurt (from the health food store)for the butter and use 1/2 cup of Oat Bran or Wheat Germ while reducing the whole wheat flour to 1/2 cup. Also want to add raisins or nuts in the next batch. Recipes like this are so versatile that you can change it up each time you make it.

Happy eating and may your kitchen bring warm memories!

1 comment: