Monday, February 8, 2010

Why? I would ask that too...

Have you ever wondered why people blog and why other people read them? What internal force causes a person to gravitate to the Internet and read another person's journal? Is it to understand their perspective on life? Are you looking for some common ground with a fellow soul-mate to feel connected? Do you feel you just invaded their privacy, OR....do you walk away feeling satisfied and content and possibly permanently changed by what you read?


I personally have always wanted to blog but never took the time to do it. With home schooling three children - two of whom are profoundly deaf, setting aside mommy-time just never landed on the agenda. For many years, I actually felt that it was selfish to even desire some quite time while I was needed in so many other areas of my life. Even with my husband and a dear friend encouraging me to express myself through writing, it took almost five years for it to actually come to fruition. As the children have grown older, I have discovered that ALL moms need this solitude time. Time to rejuvenate. Time to reflect and unwind. Time to reconnect with other moms whom you can relate to.


In a very expressive way, it's rewarding, fulfilling and just down right exhilarating! One of my life aspirations is to write a book about my family. I want to write an autobiography as well as a series of picture books about my children with my husband as the artist. Since that seems like an unattainable feat, I think we'll take baby steps for right now and start with a blog!


The purpose for my blog, you ask? To enlighten, uplift and encourage you with what God has laid upon my heart. I have so much I want to share with you...so many experiences and events...so many trials and triumphs...so many challenges and miracles. I can't wait to see where God takes this season of my life. I am excited as I sit and listen to His prompting. Come with me on my journalistic journey and let's see what the Lord has in store for us!


10 comments:

  1. I look forward to this journey with you - Love TB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are not many people that could have been entrusted with the challenges that you have not only faced, but conquered! God had tremendous faith in you. You are the spark that ignites my soggy, excuse soaked life! You go girl. Love ya...KE

    ReplyDelete
  3. A blessed journey on a blessed journey...enjoy!
    EBL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you Rhonda, and thank you for stepping out in faith and blessing us w/your own experiences. Can't wait to see what God has instore for your life. Love you lots!!

    V

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait for the next chapter. You go girl!

    DM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even as a child I knew you would accomplish amazing things. God began teaching you with Doug and then gave you 3 little miracles for yourself. As an adult you are the most wonderful, Godly person I know. I'm so glad you are finally writing, you do have so much to say I can't wait to read it all.
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moving to OK in the middle of our 1st year of home schooling got us off to quite a bumpy start, not to mention knowing no one and having curriculum meltdowns! I'm convinced you and Denice were God's tools to rescue me! You have always been such a profound inspiration to me. I'm excited to have the opportunity to continue to journey with you through your blog. I love you, my sweet friend! Traci

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! You finally did it. I think I am the "friend" mentioned in your post. You have so much to share-now the world will know why your my best friend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all so much for your words of encouragement. This is a HUGE step for me so I need all the support I can get! Keep the warm fuzzies coming...they really do stir me to pursue my dreams even further! Love you all muchly!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so enjoy it Chick!

    ReplyDelete