Thursday, February 25, 2010

If It's Free...It's For ME!!

February is such an awesome but crazy month...Valentine parties, tax preparations and final indoor soccer games along with both of my boys birthdays - just 12 days apart! But do not despair - I am finally here to share my couponing insights! After a week like this in the coupon world, I just must share my strategies and treasures. If you have been following me on Facebook or Twitter, you have noticed that I just can't quit raving about my savings!

Couponing is truly a form of art which happens to be my only hobby. If you will take the time to learn this trade and put forth some extra 'learning-curve' time in the beginning, you and your family will reap great benefits from your very first grocery store trip.

Why use coupons? For a variety of reasons. Many people have the misconstrued concept that if they are not struggling financially, then there is no reason to coupon. Since you are on the edge of your seat wondering what my reasons are, I will share them with you! I personally do what I do for two reasons: I feel it is my Biblical responsibility to wisely spend the money that God has entrusted us with AND because very few adventures can compare with the thrill of the hunt! I love the New Living Translation of Proverbs 31:18, "She watches for bargains; her lights burn late into the night." THAT'S ME! With the freebies I have been finding this week, I have not been able to go to bed before 11:00 pm...cutting coupons, searching the net and matching up sale ads with my coupons. To give you a little taste of this adventure and what it can do for you, here is a short summary of my week so far.

I found Gillette Body Wash at Target for $1.99 each. Last Sunday there was a coupon for $4 off any two Gillette Body Wash or deodorants. So, buy two and get both for free! See how easy that was? Now, increase your savings by asking your friends and family for their Sunday coupons which they are most likely recycling. With extra coupons in hand, I was able to get eight body washes and two shaving gels totally free. While I was at Target, I discovered that the Oral B toothbrushes would be free after I used a Target coupon AND a manufacture coupon (this is called stacking and is perfectly legal) As I was leaving the store, multiple clearance stickers from the cosmetic section started screaming my name. I love it when they mark down items that equal my coupon value which means they have just blessed me with a brand new item for free! I did not pay for anything in this picture:



The deals this week are just insane! Homeland has Colgate toothbrushes on sale for $1, so with your $1 off coupon, they are totally free. I just happened to have enough coupons to get 16 of them at no charge! Since we are adamant about changing toothbrushes monthly, this has saved our family a great deal of money. Also, they were clearancing out some deodorants and shampoo. The Loreal shampoo was a steal at $2 a bottle since I had 11 $2 off coupons! I have added these to my already overwhelming stash of hair care products. My husband is pretty sure that we have enough shampoo, body wash and toothpaste to last five years!





I have posted these pictures in hopes that it will compel you to grab your own scissors and notepad! My next blog will detail how to get started and some websites that have made my job easy as pie.

Until then...happy shopping and may you be frugally blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment