Friday, June 3, 2011

The "Steal" of the Year!

This is such an unbelievable story that you won't even think it is true! Trust me when I tell you that every word is true (since I'm not typically in the habit of lying on my blogs!!)

After drooling over all the beautiful suitcases that passed in front of her eyes over vacation, my daughter decided that she just had to have a more stylish means of transporting her goods!

She finally picked this adorable one from a little boutique called Dustees:She was excited beyond words but in complete shock when she got home and unzipped the suitcase. We could not believe our eyes as we pulled out this brand new dress inside! It is beautiful, but we didn't pay for it!Now, here is the kicker...where did the dress come from? It still has the $65 price tag on it so it certainly looks like we did a little bit of shop lifting! But alas, that is not possible. Why, you ask? I'll tell you!

Because Dustee's doesn't sell dresses!!!!!

I called the store to ask if they sell any clothing. She said they had a few tops and maybe one or two sundresses that they were just starting to carry but weren't even on the floor yet. It is mainly bags, purses, scarves and jewelry.

I explained to Victoria that we have to do the right thing (or at least attempt to) and try to take the dress back. After all, the lady on the phone could have been wrong. My daughter was quite saddened by this point since she thinks she just got a free dress!

We take it back the next day and I ask the lady if the dress came from this store. She tells me that she has never seen this dress before! She asks her manager who replies with the same answer and then ask the lady who just happens to be there from the corporate office - now I am definitely on the up-n-up! All three of them shake their heads saying that it is not a Dustee's dress. Then I explain what happened and how we found this dress in our purchased suitcase yesterday. The head boss says, "Well, I guess you have yourself a free dress!"

How exciting is that???

The best part? We did the right thing and still ended up with the dress :)

Of course, you must know that it fits both of us perfectly!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that is just wonderful, how cool, see God does want to give us the desires of our heart and yes, sometimes He gives it to us FREE. YEA!!!!

    ReplyDelete