Friday, May 20, 2011

I LOVE Gardening!

Remember my last blog about addictions?

Well, this is my newest one...gardening! So many of my friends have huge, flourishing vegetable gardens that would just make you green with envy (no pun intended!) After 5 years of begging, my hubby finally blessed me with three, nice sized raised garden beds. Since we're about 6 weeks late planting, I wasn't sure that anything would burst through the soil. Much to my surprise, we had tiny but hearty little sprouts after only a week! It is now a family ritual for us to take the short trek to the back yard after breakfast and scream with delight about what new plant has shown itself for the world to smile over! Since my mom and dad are reading this, I must say - I know that I hated a garden as a child, but it's SO different as an adult! I just must share our process so far...I just get a warm feeling all over every time I see my own pictures! Thanks for letting me feel like Laura Ingalls!

Since we're headed out for our vacation in the morning, this will be my last blog for two weeks.

Blessings to you all!

1 comment:

  1. That is wonderful, I'm so happy that you've finally felt the joy.
    I only have one question, why raised beds, why not just till up the grass?

    ReplyDelete