Monday, May 9, 2011

No Better Place To Be

If you are a mother, I am sure you will totally agree with this statement:

I absolutely love being a mother!

This statement brings back unusual memories for me since I never planned on being a mom! I was a 100% sold-out career woman and kids were never in my dream picture. Allen knew when he married me that I had no intentions of having those rug-rats infiltrate our home. When he proposed to me, I accepted and then immediately let him know the terms of our marriage (yes, I was very demanding back then and thought I was completely in control!) We were not getting married until I had finished college and I was not going to quit my job just to be a wife. After all, I had my career path for the next 10 years all lined up. I had no problem getting married, but my life-long goals were not going to be altered (can you imagine being married to me??!!) Lastly...we were NOT going to have any children. And yet my precious husband still married me!

A year and a half later, little Kyle popped into our lives and rocked our world. I am eternally grateful that God started chiseling on me early in life and completely changed my desires and priorities. As I am sure you have uttered these words before...I can not envision life without my three 'rug-rats'!

Although I certainly do not feel old enough to have three teenagers, it is the reality I live in! Since my oldest just graduated from high school and Mother's Day was the same weekend, I have been emotional and humbled by how they have grown in stature as well as matured mentally and spiritually. Since we have been walking down memory lane with the photo albums the last few days, I wanted to share some special pictures of a mother's changed heart - I'm so glad God didn't give up on me in those early days of arrogance and allowed me to experience motherhood to its fullest capacity! Thank you, Kyle, Victoria and Adam for making me a mom.

I love you all... to the moon and back!

3 comments:

  1. Really neat blog! That was a nice way to start my week off... got a little misty eyed though :)

    Kids really do change you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hard to believe because you are the MOST "mom" mom I know!!

    ReplyDelete