Friday, May 6, 2011

It's Finally Here...

I never claimed to be a "lifer" or ever had the intentions of seeing this journey through. I guess the Lord had other plans. If the truth be known, we only planned to home school one year..."we'll give it a try for one year and then put him back in public school."

Oh, how those ignorant words have echoed in my mind so many times in the past 12 years. Although I have no regrets, I certainly didn't think I would be here - writing his biography for the ceremony, setting up his memory table and blogging about home schooling my baby after 2,160 days of being under my teaching.

I recently went to a home school meeting where the speaker was incredibly refreshing with her insightful words of encouragement. She said, "no one does this willingly and on purpose! It is a God-thing - you must be called into this challenging journey and you better be prayed up each morning or you can expect your days to crumble before your eyes."

How right she was.

I have no intentions of capturing your attention about my adventures over the last decade (since there is probably not enough room here or time!) but I would just like to say that I'm pleased I listened to the Holy Spirit and His promptings. Was it easy? No. Did I enjoy every minute of it? No. Did I wake up wanting to quit some days? Yes. Did the Lord sustain me and renew my strength giving me a new ray of hope? YES!

We have two more precious children to see through till the end. My confidence is strong that the Lord will give me the patience and energy I need to see them through till graduation. As is always the case with the first born, we have learned from our mistakes and although we will undoubtedly make new ones, we will not repeat the same ones! I pray we are never opposed to change; especially when it is for the betterment of everyone involved.

Thank you, Kyle, for being a guinea pig and bearing with us as we experiment on what works and what doesn't! The road was rough at times but our love and respect for each other won through! There is a tender place in our hearts when we watch you play for the Lord while we worship. Your dedication to any task you set your hand to, is highly commendable. And of course..you have incredible taste in clothing -- even though you have a terrible shoe addiction!!

I think I'm done bragging! Now it's time to take you down memory lane to visually see Kyle as we grew up with him...

Your own personal journey you will now begin. Keep the Lord as your number one priority for there is no greater place to be than in the perfect will of God. Walk the straight and narrow road that will cause others to want what you have. Above all else...love others as you would love yourself.We love you, Kyle, and are immensely proud of you!

2 comments:

  1. That was just beautiful honey, that kind of pride is the same pride I always feel about you.
    I love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was beautiful. Congratulations on completing your wonderful journey together. I can’t believe they did it! I wish I could express my thankfulness to my children as wonderfully and beautifully as you do. Well one down two to go for you. Good luck with the other two. I know you’ll do just as good as the first one. SK

    ReplyDelete