Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Map Unfolded Today!

I am totally flabbergasted.

I just hung up with a friend, talking 90 miles an hour, in complete awe of how this day has turned out.

Mind-blowing. Jaw-dropping. Stupefying! (I love that word!)

Please forgive me, but I am going to have to be vague since the matter at hand is rather personal and private.

There was a chain of events that took place in our home last week that caused a ripple effect to transpire. My husband and I were at peace with the new decision (or so we thought) and were moving ahead with the only obvious answer at hand.

Unbeknownest to me, my husband began to feel uneasy about our decision and started praying that the Lord would open another door (this would have to be a miracle since there were no other avenues open last week). Well, it all unfolded today! When I sat down to read my devotion this morning, I was passionately moved. I knew of at least 4 people - including myself - who would benefit from the insightful words that Sarah Young penned, so I posted it on my blog. I finished my prayer time and went on with my day. it wasn't until after lunch that my whole world started in a head-throbbing, massive whirlwind!

After three hours of phone calls, emails and internet searching, the door was not only open but the road was completely paved!

I had tried on three different occasions to reach my husband to let him know what I was going through but was unsuccessful in reaching him at work. Although I was excited about what God had done, I had not realized to what extent He had been working. When I finally got a hold of Allen, I quickly told him about my unbelievable day and what direction our life was now taking! Much to my surprise, he was more than elated. He shared with me that this was a complete answer to prayer - something he had been praying about for days but never shared with me! Talk about confirmation - I feel so relieved and all giddy inside!

Then I received icing on the cake...when I sat down to write this blog, my previous blog popped up. I couldn't believe what I was reading again - it was my devotion from this morning:

"Let me prepare you for the day that stretches out before you. I know exactly what this day will contain, whereas you have only vague ideas about it. You would like to see a map, showing all the twists and turns of your journey....I will not show you what is on the road ahead, but I will thoroughly equip you for the journey."

I have never read the same devotion in the morning and again at night. It was amazing how the words that God spoke to me through my devotion this morning is exactly what happened to my day - He had it all planned out. He had the map and all I had to do was trust Him. WOW!

I can tell you that Satan is NOT happy with these results or my public declaration of God's all-powerful, mighty hand that completely orchestrated these events to HIS will. Right in the middle of typing this blog, I had to stop and pray and scream for Satan to flee in the name of Jesus! He began to put doubt in my mind that tomorrow these events will begin to crumble right before my eyes. It will not happen, Satan - my God is in complete control and you are completely powerless! So, hit the road Jack and don't come back!! Okay - I feel better :)What an astonishing God we serve! Thank you is just not sufficient, Lord. Such a remedial, empty word for what You do for us.

You are truly indescribable!

3 comments:

  1. God is good! You are certainly blessed and a blessing! I am excited to see all that will happen and how God will continue to answer your prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, my friend, and I'm happy to know that you are in the palm of the hand of God Almighty! I pray that tomorrow finds you even more confident of that fact!

    Love, Traci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you - He is an incredible God!!

    ReplyDelete