Friday, October 22, 2010

Where is Your Will Power?

I have always said, "I don't have ANY will power!" Which is why I try not to buy cookies, candy or unhealthy snacks. Not only do I not want my children to eat this stuff, but if it is here, I will eat it myself!

I hate this about me. I wish I had more self-control. I'm always trying to work on "something" but self-control in this area is not what I have ever desired to work on.

Then something just snapped in me.

Have you ever had that happen? You don't really know where it comes from or how it happened or what was said, but all of the sudden you just wake up one day and KNOW that you need to make a change and today is the day!

That is exactly what happened to me four weeks ago. Little by little I have put on a few pounds and then a few more pounds over the last 5-6 years. Then I gained a little more extra this summer with all my kidney stone issues. I wasn't happy with my body and nothing fit. I have never dieted a day in my life, so this was all new to me. But I did it!

Along with some other minor adjustments, I decided to cut out all sugar and carbs. Boy was I in for a rude awakening! I ate more sugar than I realized (including honey) and the carbs...well that was just ridiculous! Now, I eliminated rice, potatoes, bread, crackers, chips, pretzels, corn products, tortillas, and the list goes on and on.

I am here to say that I am VERY happy with the results! I've lost what wanted to along with an 8" total loss around different body parts.

Although I haven't looked like this for a long time, I thought it would be hilarious to post a picture of me 14 years ago!It looks worse than it is since I just had my baby girl, but it amazes me how your body can go through so many transformations!

Hold onto your belt buckle, because that's not all I wanted to say! This was more than just a diet for me. This was Character Training Boot Camp. I discovered that I DO have self-control...I just never utilized it before! It is within me but it was buried so deep that I thought it never existed. Although I'm pleased with how my clothes fit now, more importantly, I'm pleased that the Lord found a unique way to prune me a little bit further. He's just so cleaver :)

Here's a better picture of me with my mom taken just a few weeks ago. I think I like this 'me' better!Denying ourselves. It's not something we typically discuss with our friends. Can't say I've ever heard a sermon on it. But it does build character and shapes us into stronger, more determined people - it's a great life lesson for you and your children.

I think I'll look for something else to deny myself of just to see what the Lord has in store for me!

2 comments:

  1. Well you sure look a lot better, but I can't say the same about me. Too bad I can't just tell everybody I'm pregnant, lol, at my age.
    Love you bunches,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look younger now than when I first met you keep up the good work. Please may I have a copy of your diet plan.
    tim

    ReplyDelete