Saturday, October 23, 2010

Soft Pumpkin Cookies


These made my mouth water...they are more like individual small “cakes” but oh so yummy! Super easy recipe for the junior bakers in your life :)

1 can 100% pure pumpkin (a 14 oz can)
2 medium eggs
1/2 cup of applesauce
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 package spice cake mix(size: 18.25 ounce)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves

(NOTE: I used 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and instead of canned pumpkin, I always use the pumpkin puree I have in my freezer from cooking pumpkins and squash after each Thanksgiving. Also, I think I'll only use 1/4 cup of applesauce the next time as they were a little 'too' moist for us)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees . Grease two baking sheets. Beat the pumpkin, eggs, applesauce, and vanilla together in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the cake mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Drop by spoonfuls on greased baking sheets. Bake in preheated oven until tops are firm when lightly touched, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment