Thursday, June 10, 2010

Semi Healthy Apple Cookie Cobbler

Okay - so it's not the healthiest apple cobbler, but it is so, so good! I haven't made this recipe in years (for obvious reasons), but since it popped out at me as I was flipping through my recipe binder, I knew it was time to revisit sugar land!

It originally called for 1 cup of brown sugar, but I changed it to 3/4 cup of honey (hence the term "semi-healthy!") Other than the top of being laden with processed cookie dough infiltrated with every chemical, sweetener and preservative known to man, it's very healthy!

6 cups apples - peeled, cored and sliced
3/4 cup of honey
2 T flour
1 t cinnamon (I use 2-3)
1/2 t allspice
2 T lemon juice
1 package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
2 T sugar
1 t cinnamon

Peel, core and slice apples. Add honey, flour, cinnamon, allspice and lemon juice. Toss to coat the apples well and let set about 10 minutes. Spoon into a deep dish or 9 x 13 pan. Spoon cookie dough by scant teaspoons evenly over apples. Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over cookie dough. Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes.
Of course, we just HAD to top it off with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream so we could send ourselves into a sugar coma quicker than expected!

Whew...now we're set for our sugar quota for the month!

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment