Saturday, June 12, 2010

Flowers - God's Gift to Us!

FLOWERS - I just love them! Actually, I never used to...too much work...too much money and just no desire to maintain them. But things have changed around here and in my heart. Now I just can't buy enough! I have spent the last few years buying distressed perennial flowers and have immensely enjoyed watching them grow back year after year.My cute little flower bed frogs...the gorgeous lilies that came back in triplet this year...three extra perennials planted this year...can't wait to see how they will look like next yearJust love my Mother's Day teapot on the porch!And of course, who can pass up good 'ole fashion petunias!

Though it's not huge or magazine quality by any means, I have found peace and fulfillment each morning as I sit on the porch and watch the butterflies enjoy each flower they approach. The morning is so still and untouched as the sun rises and the dew evaporates...hearing from the Lord is so much easier while basking in His beauty. I'm so thankful that He is a colorful and creative God!

No comments:

Post a Comment