Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hamburger Stew

This is a wonderful recipe for a snowy or rainy day - chocked full of healthy vegetables and robust flavor! I think I got this from a friend years ago but I really can't remember - if you're the friend, just let me know so we can pass along the credit!

Hamburger Stew

1 lb cooked beef (I used venison)
1 can chopped tomatoes
1-1/2 cup chopped cauliflower
1 can beef broth (I use our own stock which adds more flavor)
1 cups water (I use enough beef broth that I don't add the water)
1 medium potato
1/2 chopped onion
2 chopped carrots
3-5 cloves of garlic, minced
1-2 stalks of chopped celery
1 teas tarragon
1 cup cooked macaroni (set aside)

Throw everything in a big pot (except macaroni) and boil till veggies are cooked. Right before serving, add the cooked macaroni.

Serve with warm home made bread and enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment