Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Spring Break Loot!

WOW! What a day this has been! This will be just a short blog with some pics to show you how I scored today. Although I am tired, it was well worth my time!

Not only are there some really good deals to be had this week, but many stores are clearancing items that will likely be free when paired with a coupon.
All of the Clariol hair color here was 100% free at Family Dollar. It is on sale for $2.50 each; use your $5 off two boxes and pay tax only! Since I had multiple coupons, I have lots of hair color! The other items in this picture are from Homeland. Just use your eagle eye and you'll see some items still on the shelves with clearance stickers. Once they double your coupon, wa-la...it's free! Sometimes Homeland will put their discontinued items in a cart at the back of the store or a small table. Lately, however, they have kept them on the shelves, which makes it a little more difficult to spot. I usually score in the Health and Beauty section almost every time I am there.

My biggest score today was at Target. This is not a store that I normally frequent...only when the sale ads demand my attention! The only thing I paid for in this picture were the strawberries (which are HUGE!) and two boxes of cereal. I used two $1.50 off coupons plus Targets coupon for 'buy two boxes of Kashi cereal, get one box free.' The Gillette was all free with a $2 off one item - these are priced at $1.79 each. The Tide was a steal at .97 each. They paid me a .03 overage on each one since my coupon was for $1.00! The Airwicks were on sale for $6 each. I used my $5 off coupon stacked with Targets $1 coupon to make them free. (I did leave one on the shelf for you!) Colgate is on sale this week for $1, so I used all my $1 coupons to grab as many as I could. My total savings was $164.31!! Of course, I would never have bought these items if they were not free. Now I have an awesome stockpile and room for donations!

See how easy this is? Matching coupons to the sale ad is what it is all about. Subscribe to the websites I mentioned in my last blog - they do all the legwork for you!

Now it's time to get back to my Spring Break To-Do list and get some more of these projects crossed off! Thanks for reading and enjoy your week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment