Friday, July 27, 2012

Honey Vanilla Ice Cream

I received an ice cream maker for Mother's Day but actually haven't used it that much due to the amount of sugar needed to make this sinful stuff!  Then when I found a strawberry jam recipe calling for honey instead of 7 CUPS OF SUGAR, I just knew I could find a honey vanilla ice cream recipe out there in cyber land somewhere.

I am delighted to report that I did indeed find such a thing AND it has already been approved by every family including our dinner guests!

Since there's no need to reinvent the wheel or waste any time ... I bring you a copy and paste :)


HONEY VANILLA ICE CREAM

Ingredients:
2 vanilla beans
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup whole or 2% milk
1/2 cup honey

Preparation:
Cut the vanilla beans in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds.  Add both the seeds and vanilla beans to a saucepan along with the heavy cream, milk and honey.  Stirring occasionally, bring the vanilla cream mixture to steaming over low-medium heat.

Once the honey is completely dissolved, remove the pan from the heat.  Remove the vanilla bean pods from the cream and discard them.  Chill the mixture for 2 hours and then freeze it in an ice cream maker according to the manufacture's instructions.  Makes 6-8 servings.

Easy as pie and it will taste SO good on top of pie!

My crushed ice is awaiting me since we are whipping up another batch to top our home made apple pie (made with honey, of course!)

No comments:

Post a Comment